This page details out how ORBO carries out the Process of Organ donation in a seamless manner. Our Process has been evolved over the years with experience in this field working across the country and various departments ate local and national level.
- Organ Retrieval Banking Organisation (ORBO) coordinates the entire process of deceased organ donation i.e.organ donation after death and transplantation.
- There are two ways to donate organs: –
- By pledging for organ donation when a person is alive
- By consent of family after death
- During lifetime, a person can pledge for organ donation by filling up a donor form.
- Organ Donation Form can be filled up:
- Online: Go to our websites www.aiims.edu and www.orbo.org.in. Click on Organ Donor Pledge Form, fill the pledge form and submit the same. Message of your registration will be delivered on your registered mobile no. and Email ID.
- Offline: You can download the Organ Donor Form from our website www.orbo.org.in The organ donor form is also available at our office which can be obtained personally or via mail by calling on our
Helpline. After receiving the filled form, ORBO provides the donor with an organ donor card bearing registration number on it.
- ORBO has a dedicated (24x7x365) helpline 011-26593444 and 011-26588360 for any query regarding organ and tissue donation.
- It is suggested to keep the donor card in your pocket and share your decision with your near and dear ones.
- After demise, the relatives give a written consent and the organs are harvested within a few hours.
- There is no extra burden for the donor family. The transplant coordination team carries out the entire process till the relatives receive the body of the deceased.
- There is no disfigurement and the body can be viewed as in any case of death and funeral arrangements need not be delayed.